CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

04 June 2007

A Colantonio Sunday

Yet another wonderful weekend has elapsed. From spending quality time with friends, old and new, to spending an entire day with family, I feel so incredibly fortunate to have this life. Friday and Saturdy I was was able to have some great time to myself, and relax from the busy life I lead during the week. I had a full day of baking on Saturday, trying to prepare something for the family day Sunday. I know that many of you out there just assume that when I make something, it always turns out. Well, try this on for a change. First, I attempted at making a Berry Pavlova. Essentially this is a cake that is but one very large meringue. It foiled, and went into the trash. Next, just a regular white roll cake to make a log to fill with whipped cream and berries. That too, foiled, and into the basura it went. I was so frustrated with my lack of positive outcomes in my baking that I made crepes. I took the recipe, made some alterations and "healthy" crepes were born. Who knew that something that takes more care and attention is the only thing that really became a success. And finally, after all that time slaving away in the kitchen I met up with an "old/new found" friend Catie, and we went out for sushi and saw Shrek the Third. All in all, it was a roller coast of a day.
Then a rare occurence came to the family on Sunday. My brother came down to Orange County with Isabella to spend the day. From noon until ten pm that night, we all were together, laughing, telling jokes, looking at old photos, and taking care of the next generation. We had lunch at Mom and Dad's, and on the menu was scrumptious seafood lasagna made from scratch.

This is my serious 'don't bug us we're eating' look...

then the comment Mom made about looking like a new mom!
suuuuuuure

We then took a little trip to my condo to have dessert and for my brother to see my new place.

Isabella was wide eyed at the new place and you could definitely see it in her face...




Nonno playing with Isabella and the "fishy"

Nonnina taking a break from the madness to pose

And the final good shot before...

giving us the sign that it's time to leave.

Once Isabella was cranky we went ahead and went back to Mom and Dad's and put her to sleep, all the while the grown-ups were able to sit around and talk about everything and anything without interruption. It always amazes me that eventhough this rarely happens anymore, when we are together we can just sit and talk for hours, the four adults and not see the time fly by. And to cap off the weekend I had an entire night of giggling and telling of stories and helping my best friend. We stayed up until three am with a bottle of wine and spent quality time tgether that we never get to do anymore. So to everyone that I saw this weekend thank you for the time that you share and tahnk you all for being my family, be it by blood or not.

0 comments: