As the summer season is coming to a close, what better way to spend a weekend outdoors having a barbecue than with friends and family and lots of kids!?
Saturday August 18th the Manzo family came to mom and dad's house around 3 in the afternoon for a bbq. Nick and Michelle appeared first at the house, along with 1 1/2 year old Evan. Such a cutie. Then Nick's parents came, and the party began. Michelle leaked out the information that she is pregnant again, but the catch is....it's twins! So with time I hope she does well with this pregnancy as she did with Evan's. The barbecue lasted about 7 hours, with plenty of food and drink, and with a great news to cheers to. The men played several rounds of bocce on the court atop the slope, as the women just relaxed in the shade provided by the trees and awning, and of course the misters. The kids were great, running around, enjoying the outdoors, and of course playing with tupperware.













Then on Sunday, before out large lunch of leftovers, Brad and Erica came to my parents place with their twins, Zach and Katie (5 months). There was much more interaction between these babies and Isabella, granted they are only 2 months apart. It was fun to talk with Brad and Erica to get to know how their lifestyle has had to change, although the two babies were EXTREMELY well behaved and mellow.




There is nothing like spending a weekend with the family, and seeing how the kids are growing exponentially. Although it was incredibly hot it was a beautiful August weekend.
P.S. My health has remained stagnant. I am still just rolling wit the punches, one good day, one so-so day, one bad day, etc. I have seen a gastro-enterologist and found out that all I can do is blender-ize my food, and slowly reintroduce solid food to my diet. I have tried that, but am constantly shot down by my body and head straight back to frozen yogurt and sorbet. Hopefully with time this will all go away and I will be back to my old self.

0 comments:
Post a Comment