This past weekend we all headed up to Mammoth Lakes, CA. In our car it was myself, Andy. Sandy and Rob. We left early afternoon on Thursday and made it up to the chilly city in a few hours. The first night we went out for Mexican food where I proceeded to have some margaritas. (at this point I am still in pain from getting my wisdom teeth extracted the previous Monday morning) We went food shopping and tried to stay awake for the rest of the party to arrive. That would be Jon, Tasha, Bryan, Kathleen, and James. The next morning everyone got up bright and early. Sandy and I were the only ones staying behind so we helped everyone else get ready to hit the slopes.
After everyone left, we got ready and headed in to The Village to get coffee. We had thought of walking around a bit, but got caught up chatting over coffees until it was time to meet up for lunch with the group. We hopped on the bus, made it to the Main Lodge to get our tickets to ride the gondolas up the mountain.



Lucky for us the storm rolled in but we could still go half way up, which was where we were going anyway. Here are some snapshots taken while in a gondola car:













Sandy and I stayed up there for a long while, sipping our drinks. I fancy a hot spiked apple cider if I say so myself.




We then headed back to the lodge, but took a quick pit stop to buy a birthday cake for Rob. Everyone came home wiped out so we lounged for a while before heading out for dinner.




























On our way back to the car, instead of walking on the road we took a trail following the creek. A nice gentleman told us to follow the trail, pass three fishermen, then three boulder and rock formations. One have to walk around, one you walk by, and the other you walk through. At first we just nodded and went on our way. It was not until we actually saw a fisherman, and then a rock formation that what the man previously had told us was not a just a riddle.
As we came across more rock formations we noticed peculiar holes, or maybe underwater chemical bubbles from a long time ago?









After checking out the hot creek, Rob brought us over to Convict Lake. It was more impressive with the snow than I could have ever imagined.




After the fun excursions, we headed back in town to meet everyone for a late lunch at The Village.

We had lunch then went back to the lodge to relax. Andy and I went for a long walk all the way to the older part of the town. It was great exercise since I didn't get to hit the slopes. We than all went out to dinner at the Dubliner. Unfortunately my mouth was swelling again and I was in so much pain that I headed back to the cabin. The next morning we had to check out by 10am....not to mention we had to change times so we lost an hour. We made it back to LA in no time it seemed, and just in time to enjoy a gorgeous warm and sunny day back at home.








0 comments:
Post a Comment