CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

05 July 2009

Independence Day '09!

Fourth of July this year was very laid back. I went to the beach, and discovered Thousand Steps. I stayed there for a bit. Well as long as I could stand the heat that is!

Then, around 8:30 or so in the evening mom, dad and myself headed on over to the Fortmann's place to watch fireworks. We had such a wonderful time catching up, especially since Christine is now back from Hungary!!!! YAY! As soon as we arrived Christine had prepared the inside of the traditional Fourth of July cake we always make. It was quite impressive, I think we hold the guiness book of world records in the making of a perfectly proportioned half-flag cake!




our "Half Flag"
Everyone enjoying a glass of wine...


Just in time for the fireworks, we stuck the cake in the fridge and headed on up to the gazebos to watch the shows. I believe we counted about a dozen shows in our full panoramic view of the area!

reunited!

night views...





Here are some video clips that I took from atop the hill -->






It was a very nice evening. After all the finales, we went back to the house and watched the Macy's Fireworks show on TV and munched on some cheese, crackers and grapes and sipped on wine. We finished the evening with tea and our lovely Fourth of July Cake!

0 comments: