CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

14 July 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

Happy Birthday Christine!!!

To celebrate the end of Christine's 22 years, and to ring in year 23, we were so kindly invited to partake in a dinner and dessert. We all met down at Salt Creek to have a picnic of Pick Up Stix and wine.

The parents enjoying the food and drinks

After the meal Christine had a kite she recently bought. It was an EXTREMELY windy night which was perfect for kite flying. Well, we did get it up on the first try, but it also ripped after its first flight.

Christine and I


After we couldn't really get the kite up in the air, our dads decided to partake in the activity.




Never in this lifetime had I thought I would see my dad and godfather try to fly a kite :-)



After many attempts, we thought what was missing was a tail. From the nearby palm trees, Dan broke off a branch that had a hook at the end. It was perfect to attach to the kite, but unfortunately it was too heavy.

*Nice try*

Our dads: nice enough to carry the picnic basket back to the car...

After the picnic, we all headed over to The Melting Pot for dessert. Christine ordered the large dark chocolate fondue, and a small Banana Dolce de Leche fondue.

Cindy Christine and Dan

Dad me and Mom

the group!


It was a really fun evening, eating chocolate and lots of dippers and enjoying a fine Port. Christine - I hope you had a wonderful time last night celebrating, and there is only more to come!

1 comments:

cfortmann said...

It truly was a fantastic evening! Now that I'm reminded of it- that port was really good too. Come out to Pest asap and we'll make more fond memories. Maybe for your birthday???